Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Man Recipe - Geno's Authentic Philly Cheesesteak Recipe

So last week we brought you the first of two famous cheesesteak recipe's. Here is the second. This is Geno's (or as close as we could find to Geno's) recipe. Enjoy


Taken From: http://greensboring.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=280

My Geno's Philadelphia Cheese Steak Recipe

Okay this isn't a clone recipe but close enough. It's my Philadelphia Cheese-steak recipe after visiting Philadelphia. A Philly cheese-steak is an easy and basic sandwich guaranteed to please just about anyone. While my recipe has changed since visiting the famed city of Philadelphia, the home of the Cheese-steak, my love for the sandwich hasn't. So what's changed since my original recipe? A couple things. First the meat, secondly the steak. I was one of those delusional people who believe "Steak-ums" would be a acceptable base for a Philly Cheesesteak recipe, but I was wrong. Secondly, after going to Pat's and Geno's I've realized you need the Whiz, as in Cheese Whiz. It's the secret ingredient that makes the world go around and oh, how could I have survived without it?

First the meat. Get a huge honking chunk of "Top Round" (Not bottom) from your deli. You can either ask the meat man to slice it super thin (1/8 inch) or butcher it yourself. It's a good workout if you do the later. As with any meat you want to prepare it ahead of time. Toss it in a bowl of Hot water with 3 tablespoons of salt and 1/4 cup of vinegar, cover and let is tenderize itself. Then when you can wait no more (usually 4-8 hours) you drain the juice and fry the meat in a pan. The rest is self explanatory, and soon you'll have an authentic Geno's Philly Cheese Steak, and a new recipe for the Super Bowl. My recipe offers 3 levels of deliciousness:

No comments:

Post a Comment